Alafia River State Park
- Lithia, FL
River State Park is unlike any other park in Florida. It has beautiful
sweeping vistas of grass and rolling hills. You will feel as if
you are in Kentucky when running along the grass and dirt paths.
is available at the park - visit the Alafia
River State Park website for more details.
From Tampa or Sarasota
- Take I-75 (South from Tampa or north from Sarasota) to Exit
246 (old exit 47) (Apollo Beach / Rt. 672)
- Turn right at bottom of off-ramp on to Big Bend Road (heading
- 1.25 miles – turn right (south) onto U.S. 301 (7-11 at
- 1.5 miles to Rt. 672 East (there is a left turn lane)
- Follow 672 for 11.5 miles (Rt. 672 is primarily straight with
a few bends in it)
- 672 dead ends at first stop sign (this is Rt. 39)
- Turn left (heading north on Rt. 39) for 1 mile until you reach
Alafia River State Park entrance – make right into park
and take the first left (by traveling 270 degrees around the traffic
circle) and follow signs to race start.
- From I-4 take the Plant City exit for Rt.39 South (it is approx.
18 miles to the park)
- Continue South crossing SR 60 and Lithia-Pinecrest Rd.
- Park entrance for this race is approximately 4 miles south of
Lithia-Pinecrest Rd.on the left (east side). The race starts north
of the main park entrance.
Lodging - Click
here for lodging suggestions